Open letter to the guy whom I thought my answered prayers

8:24 PM

To the guy whom I thought my answered prayers


Its amid in the summer when our story begun
And the leaves started to fall like what happened to us.
One must let go to see brighter days

And for the last time, I want to say sorry
for leaving and keep you hangin on to a sea's of maybe
But i want you to understand that just because I'm the one who said goodbye
doesn't mean I already left.

Most of the days, I still find myself here 
left in the ruins of our love

Considering all the heartaches, and meals i skipped
reading those old converation and reminiscing all the memries
we spent for awhile

I remember the nights when i used the pillow sheets
to dry those eyes, begging myself to fall asleep to numb your loss
I used to avoid walking along the streets we usually pass by
I deleted great tunes on my playlist, afraid of the memries that keeps me haunting
I remember how i spent night staring at our old conversation 
I plead guilty of my crime for desperately stalking your profile

And I'm still waiting...

It took 3 months, 6 days, 5 hours and 45 seconds before i finally looked back
and feel no hurts anymore
And then i started this piece, Its an achievement unlocked
I've been out of prison hell now. 
I was able to stand up and healed those bruised and aching heart


And now I'm not waiting, waiting for an apology that may never come
waiting for that moment when you finally realize you lost a star when you chase the diamond.

And like what happened to love story in the movies
One day you came back knocking at the door
Told me all the dramas i've never heard from you before

But let me remind you, You're not gonna meet the same person twice
I'll shall not fail and trick to your sugar coated words no more
For how you had taught me to play games, And I used to like it now.

Maybe everyones reading this, may ask why I'm writing this if i didn't have any care at all


I wrote this, cause i want him to know that I forgive him
For all those heartaches, for killing me while I'm saving you

I forgive you for not uttering any word or phrase of apology
Dont need to feel guilty anymore, 
And you can stop sending me mixed signals
I will stop asking for explanations
I will stop pondering on what Ifs.

I hope you could forgive me for this,
My hands are now filled with scars and too tired
Too scared to continue holding on

That's life , we tend to love and got hurt

So this time, I need to burn the bridges 
To stop myself from crossing them again
We'll stand both ends of the burnt bridge, look at each other from the distance
but can never be too close enough

For now lets turned around from each other,
And maybe someday, somehow
We'll crossed our paths again, But not in the same bridge
Holding each other hands of the true love that we found. 

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. love it belle 👍. It's a nice poem. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jervy! :) hoping for more thoughts at 3am

      Delete
  2. Galing galing mo naman crushyyyy 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks crushyy! Maybe I'm just a lil bit inspired choss

      Delete
  3. who's that on the picture? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a secret, since you replied as anonymous :)

      Delete
    2. hoping it's you on that picture :)

      Delete