Climbing is sweeter the 2nd time around

11:44 AM


Major jumpoff: Brgy. Wawa, Rodriguez, Rizal





 The mountain ranges view from Mt.Hapunan Banoi







LLA: 14°44′25.3′′ N, 121°11′30.4′ 517 MASL (+460m)


Days required / Hours to summit: 1 day / 2-3.5 hours
Specs: Minor, Difficulty 4/9, Trail class 1-4 with limestone scrambling
Features: Limestone formations, scenic views of Sierra Madre and Rizal province
Source: Pinoy Mountaineer



Mt. Hapunang Banoi is situated in Brgy. Wawa in Rodriguez Rizal with estimated elevation of up to 517 Meters Above Sea Level. According to the locals the word “Hapunang Banoi” came from its folkloric seat as the place where eagles come to dine.
Whenever you're looking for a budget-friendly climb and just a quick ride away from the city. Rodriguez, Rizal would be perfect for you. Less than 2 hours away and a Budget of 500 pesos. You can now experience and conquer one of the attraction mountains in Rizal.
This is my second hike and I didn't expect that i will go back to mountains for the second time around (first hike was in Mt.Pulag). There is a whisper that i can hear that the mountains are calling me so i must go. So me and my bestfriend’s organize a climb last March 20,2016 with my Officemates.




Extreme Rock scrambling 🙉

NOTE:
*Mt.Hapunan Banoi is mainly a limestone climbing, Indeed it has a sharp cut edges rock along the trail, so it is highly recommended to wear some gloves, arm and leg sleeves. You might regret if you don’t have one.
*Be extra extra CAREFUL! (CAPS LOCK AND INTENSE)
One of my closest office friend had his first battle scar at his very first climb. We didn't saw what exactly happened when he lost his balance and slip thru the cliff. Some rocks are definitely far from other rocks to step or we must hold onto, So we must be very very careful and alert. Well, My officemate got nine lives (*lol) He was pulled by another group guide before he actually fell off the cliff. I got my knees trembling because of this.


The Summit groufie! 
We reached the summit at exactly 8:30 in the morning. The summit welcomed us with open space and stunning unusual limestone edges.
We stayed for 20 minutes enough to took some death defying shots, and start to descent around 10 in the morning. We didn't stay too long as the sun heat were really intense. We reached the junction at exactly 12noon. We took a walk to the famous Wawa Dam and grab our lunch.
After all the scars, bruise, intense perspiration that we had getting splash to WAWA DAM was a relief!
Climbing this mountain is definitely a serious trek. I can feel my aching muscles and it was like my first time. Since it took me 2 months after having my first climb in Mt.Pulag as my new year’s climb!
We headed back to the City at 5 in the afternoon, we are all deadly tired and slept all along the way.




Congratulations for your first hike workmates! 











Take 5



Shout out to my buddies behind this climb (Rose Mae,Cyrille) and to the first time hikers (Felmer,Mark,Ninafe,Jhunel,Jecel), especially to my best friend who organize this climb! It was a successful event! Kudos! :)

ITINERARY
4:00: ETD Cubao Farmers Market
4:45: Arrived at Brgy. Wawa DENR (Register)
5:00: Breakfast/ Warm Up
6:00: Start Ascend
7:15: Junction
8:30: Summit! (Picture taking and Nature Appreciation)
10:00: Start Descend
11:30:Junction
13:00: Wawa Dam (Lunch/Swim)
17:00: ETD
19:00: ETA Cubao Farmers Market
-Sara Sallador (My Best friend) Itinerary



My Bestfriend, Sara. Thanks for this event!

*You may also take a look of her blog about this hike : sarasallador.blogspot.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments